Here is what my photography USB key and its packaging look like. I hope you like it. People who received so far have been very happy.
I use these personalised USB drives to deliver my work in digital format to my clients – on top of the digital download of images via the website.
The flash drives are customised for the client, packaged and posted via recorded mail within one or two weeks of the photo session (depending on the nature of the session).
Why I chose this design and packaging
I wanted my USB drive and its packaging to be simple, natural-looking, cute; and, of course, personalised with my logo. For the USB drive, I chose an eco-friendly stick made of maple wood with my logo nicely engraved. To package it, I went for a little pouch made of jute fabric which I then stamp with my logo; and a little kraft box, the size of a matchbox, decorated with ribbon and a personalised label.
The detailed list of suppliers is below the photos.
Does the USB come with all photo sessions?
The USB drive and its packaging are included in all my wedding photography offers and also in my Pregnancy & Newborn package. For all the other photo sessions, clients can request to receive the USB with all the images as an optional extra for an additional small fee.
Why is a USB key a good option to receive your pictures?
As mentioned, I send a digital download link of a compressed archive containing all the final images of the photo session to all my clients. The download include files in both high and low resolution (print format and web format).
In most situations I believe it would be handy to have all the pictures also available on a physical drive. And in my opinion, the best drive is the USB key. Here is why.
- The USB is customised for the client, and it comes in a nice packaging that reflects my photography style. It’s an extra nice memory of the photo session that perhaps deserves to be saved somewhere in a home, rather than in a laptop folder only.
- Via USB it’s easier to show photos to family and friends. It’s easy to carry around and compatible with pretty much any modern electronic device: modern TV set, TV box, DVD player, laptop, tablet, digital picture frame, etc. It is not the case with CDs or DVDs as CD and DVD players are not available in many laptops, tablets or digital frames.
- It’s quicker and safer to print the photos. Go to your local printer with the USB key and choose with the expert which photos you’d like to print and in which format.
- A USB key has more storage space than a CD or a DVD drive. It’s less likely to be physically damaged (think of scratches on disc drives), it can be re-used, it’s more portable, and it also comes with a 10-year warranty (at least with my supplier!).
List of suppliers
- Personalised USB drive (8 GB): Flashbay
I think they did a very good job with the engravement, plus they guarantee the USB drive for 10 years.
- Pouch, box, ribbons, labels: Décorations de mariage
As I am a photographer for many weddings and baptisms, I feel fully immersed in the world of wedding decoration and family event decoration. I think this online decoration store is really inspiring and this is where I found all the elements for my packaging.
- Personalised stamp: Tamporelle
This store offers a vast choice of stamps and can personalise yours. I’m very happy with mine!